Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Seek God for the City - Day 21: Jesus revealed!

If you would like to join and follow this blog, click HERE!!!

We are continuing to Seek God for the City, following this great plan laid out by Waymakers  Our new weekly focus is: praying for hope for transformation toward God's peace in our communities.  Under that umbrella, we are seeking God this week on behalf of Africa. Today, we are seeking God on behalf of news mediaand seeking Him for the poor to be helped.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Seeking God.


Although there are plenty of good books and articles that begin Six Steps to... or  Ten Habits Guaranteed to..., I often have a knee-jerk, negative response to them.  It's just not always that easy.


Still, there are basic steps that are required to accomplish many things.

Eat right and exercise; lose weight.


Change your oil regularly; keep your car running well.


Study daily; get better grades.                                                     Click here for an interesting exercise.



Be still; know God.                                                                       
Obey God; see Him.


Yep, that's right.  Does that sound odd?  It's not a promise from me, it's a promise from Jesus.  Whoever has my commands and obeys them, he is the one who loves me. He who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love him and show myself to him.” John 14:21


Whoever has my commands... - pick up The Book, they are there.  You know, love others, love God, feed the hungry, etc.

...and obeys them... - do what The Book says.


...he is the one who loves me... - This shows your love for God.


...He who loves me will be loved by my Father... - that's some good news, huh?


...and I too will love him and show myself to him. - Jesus will show Himself to you!



In other words, Jesus will be revealed through your obedience.


Seek.


Find.

No comments: