Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Seek God for the City - Day 14: Seeking You for the Kingdom

If you would like to join and follow this blog, click HERE!

We are continuing to Seek God for the City, following this great plan laid out by Waymakers.  Our new weekly focus is:spiritual awakening of lost and broken people.  Under that umbrella, we are seeking God this week on behalf of Asia and the Pacific. Today, we are seeking God on behalf of fathers, and asking Him to display His mercy.


~~~~~~~~~~


Then the man and his wife heard the sound of the LORD God as he was walking in the garden in the cool of the day, and they hid from the LORD God among the trees of the garden.  But the LORD God called to the man, “Where are you?”  Genesis 3: 8-9


As you are, as I am, as we are, seeking God for the city, on behalf of people, places, and activities, this verse exploded in my ears from the lips of some pastor, as I heard a recorded message this morning.


God called to the man, “Where are you?”


I am pretty sure God knew exactly which bush Adam was hiding behind.  


I remember asking many young man who worked for me in the Air Force, and to be honest, I'm sure some supervisors raised their voices and asked me, "Where's your head at?"  It was not a question of geography -- it was a question of attitude, a question of focus, a question of intention. It's more like "What are you thinking?" And I think this is the question God was really calling out to Adam.  Adam sinned, tried to hide from the Creator in His own creation, and God was asking Him, "Where are you?"  In other words, 'Adam, where's your head at?'  Or 'what are you thinking?'


OK, am I walking around as if God doesn't know what's going on in my life?


God isn't hiding from us; we need to make sure we're not hiding from Him.


Seek.


Find.



No comments: