Friday, November 12, 2010

ListenDaily – 12 November 2010: Love or death?

ListenDaily – 12 November 2010: Love or death?

Hello friends,

"If you died today, do you know where you would spend eternity?"

This question is often used in programs that teach evangelism methods. I am not saying there is never a place for this question; but if asked to someone cold, that is, without any relationship, or having built a context in some way for the question, I wonder what effect this has on non-believers?

Most people do not like to discuss death.

Most people are interested in getting something that benefits them, receiving a gift.

The Samaritan woman said to him, “You are a Jew and I am a Samaritan woman. How can you ask me for a drink?” (For Jews do not associate with Samaritans.Jesus answered her, “If you knew the gift of God and who it is that asks you for a drink, you would have asked him and he would have given you living water.” John 4:9-10

The greatest power that we have available to us is the love of God. It is my humble opinion that we should lead with our best, we should lead with His love.

I am not attacking other evangelism teaching or methods, just suggesting we consider different tools for different people.

And I really like using the tools Jesus used.

More tomorrow!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Questions:
1. I hope I have not, but if I have offended you, will you please reply?
2. What do you think of this approach?
3. Are you willing to try?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


May we trust God's love. Jim

INTERESTING THOUGHT:

"No one ever converted to Christianity because they lost the argument." Philip Yancey
[Copy selction]

No comments: