Wednesday, November 24, 2010

A confession

ListenDaily – 24 November 2010: Days of thanks

Here is hoping you will indulge me in a little Thanksgiving break. Writing ListenDaily means a lot to me. I learn from my preparation, both study and time spent hearing God. I learn from your responses and I learn while answering your questions. "You", the readers, include members of my family, my church family, some of my closest friends, some acquaintances, and as this has spread and is forwarded daily, most of you I don't even know. It will be a blessing to meet you in Glory!

As we are one day before Thanksgiving holiday, I really wanted to say the following to you, from Paul's letter to the church in Ephesus:

"I have not stopped giving thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers."


If it were only true.

I do give thanks for you, but I cannot say, truthfully, that "I have not stopped". And to be honest, I often forget you in my prayers.

I am going to spend the next few days asking God to help me with that, to help me remember to be thankful for the blessing that is you. And to remember that "you" are youth dealing with bullies, college applications, crazy schedules and absent parents. "You" are Moms and Dads raising children in the craziness of this world. "You" are sick, "you" are grieving over loved ones who have died, "you" are grieving because someone you love up and left. "You" are trying, along with me, to figure out what God wants you to do. "You" are hurting. "You" are rejoicing.

"You" need my prayers.

And I need yours.

"You" are trying; me too. And I will try keep giving thanks for you and to not forget you in my prayers.

I hope you can give thanks tomorrow, and be happy while doing it! (Happy Thanksgiving!) Pastor Jim


INTERESTING THOUGHT (THANKS to Don Moen!): http://www.godtube.com/watch/?v=ZKD6LNNX

Give thanks with a grateful heart
Give thanks to the Holy One
Give thanks because He's given Jesus Christ His Son

And now let the weak say "I am strong"
Let the poor say "I am rich" because of what the Lord has done for us

No comments: