Thursday, November 27, 2008

ListenDaily - 27 November 2008; My letter to you.

Paul and Timothy, servants of Christ Jesus, to all the saints in Christ Jesus at Philippi, together with the overseers and deacons: Grace and peace to you from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ. I thank my God every time I remember you. In all my prayers for all of you, I always pray with joy because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now, being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus. Philippians 1:1-4

I am no Timothy, and I certainly am no Paul, however, I write to you today with the spirit of thanksgiving that Paul wrote to the church at Philippi.


I thank my God every time I remember you...As I sit down to write, and consider brothers and sisters who take time to read this, and who participate in the battle to advance the Kingdom of God, I give Him thanks.

In all my prayers for all of you, I always pray with joy because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now...some of us have been coworkers, some attended or still attend church together, some have never met, and yet we are all partners in Christ, all part of the same body, and I give thanks for you.

Being confident of this, that He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus. There are many who still do not know Christ, and yet, if we seek to do God's will for us, many can be saved...God will provide...He will bring to completion the good works begun in us!

All glory, praise, honor, and thanks be to God!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Questions:

1. How do you show thanks to God?
2. What are you thankful?
3. What spiritual things are you thankful for?

INTERESTING THOUGHTS ON THANKS:


"Gratitude is the mother of all the virtues."G.K. Chesterton

"It is the duty of all Nations to acknowledge the providence of Almighty God, to obey His will, to be grateful for His benefits, and humbly to implore His protection and favor."George Washington


"The worst moment for an atheist is when he feels grateful and has no one to thank."Samuel Cavert

No comments: