Thursday, October 9, 2008

Confession

Confession time.

Yesterday, right after writing in this space, about 6:15 a.m., my cellphone rang. I was still at the computer. It was my oldest son, in an ambulance, on his way to the emergency room; he had just been in an automobile accident while driving to work. And, I confess, pangs of anxiety, thoughts of how badly he might be injured, a totalled car, rising insurance rates...worry and anxiety trickled over me.

But then...

...but then the mercy of God poured over me. It rained down through the words of His Word;

...and the gates of Hades will not overcome it.

...your Heavenly Father knows what you need.

...the Lord is near...

...do not be anxious about anything...

...in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God...

...the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Oh, the fiery arrows of anxiety continued to fly, and occasionally one struck, but the shield of faith allowed me to extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one.

Does this sound like bragging? I certainly hope not. This is not about my strength, it is a confession of my weakness. I am as prone to anxiety as anyone, maybe more than most. But His grace is sufficient for me, for His power is made perfect in my weakness.

Friends, this is not a message about what I, or any of us can do, it is a message of the mighty power of the Christ, the Son of the living God.

Who do you say He is?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Questions:
1. How is your anxiety level?
2. Can you break down and allow Him to be the Christ in your life?
3. Do you have questions about this? If so, please write
.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The branch of the vine does not worry, and toil, and rush here to seek for sunshine, and there to find rain. No; it rests in union and communion with the vine; and at the right time, and in the right way, is the right fruit found on it. Let us so abide in the Lord Jesus." Hudson Taylor

No comments: