Wednesday, January 20, 2010

ListenDaily - 20 January 2010: A brief aside…

ListenDaily - 20 January 2010: A brief aside…

In all my prayers for all of you, I always pray with joy because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now, being confident of this, that He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus. Philippians 1: 4-6

The other day, I asked that each of us consider the following question; is the work God has begun in me complete? I think we all came to the same conclusion, that, obviously, it is not. It is a foregone conclusion that none of us have reached eternal perfection, nor will we in this life. And yet the Scriptures cry out to us to improve our state, to ‘be holy as God is holy’, to ‘press on toward the prize’, to live righteously, and on and on. And the Holy Spirit is sent to us to help us, not yet to be perfect, but to, right now (!) be in the process of perfection. .

How is that going?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Quiet time questions:

1. Relative to where God wants me to be, where am I?
2. Is there anything more important to me than being where God wants me?
3. Am I living as if that is the most important thing?


INTERESTING THOUGHT:

"God is not a deceiver,
that He should offer to support us,
and then, when we lean upon Him,
should slip away from us."
Augustine *

No comments: