Monday, January 18, 2010

ListenDaily - 18 January 2010: Let’s begin.

ListenDaily - 18 January 2010: Let’s begin.

Life by the Spirit; God’s plan, Jesus’ promise.

Where are you today? Please, stop reading just for a moment, if you need to, go to a quiet place and ask yourself the following questions:

Relative to where God wants me to be, where am I?
Is there anything more important to me than being where God wants me?
Am I living as if that is the most important thing?

This is a continuation of our discussion of the work of the Holy Spirit, for it is the work of the Spirit that teaches you what God wants, how to do it, and who gives you the strength.

In all my prayers for all of you, I always pray with joy because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now, being confident of this, that He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus. Philippians 1: 4-6

He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus

I want to start this week with one more question:

Is the work God has begun in me complete?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Questions:

1. What is your take on this?
2. How does the Holy Spirit affect your daily living?
3. God promised you many things about the Spirit and you; are you confident He is telling the truth?

INTERESTING THOUGHT:

"God is not a deceiver,
that He should offer to support us,
and then, when we lean upon Him,
should slip away from us."
Augustine *


· http://www.philosophypages.com/ph/augu.htm
FYI, Augustine’s classic book “Confessions” is available, free, at: http://books.google.com/books?id=TIYOAAAAYAAJ&printsec=frontcover&dq=Augustine&cd=1#v=onepage&q=&f=false

No comments: