Wednesday, May 27, 2009

ListenDaily - 27 May 2009: One in the Three

ListenDaily - 27 May 2009: One in the Three

“If you love Me, keep My commandments. And I will pray the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may abide with you forever— the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him; but you know Him, for He dwells with you and will be in you. I will not leave you orphans; I will come to you. “A little while longer and the world will see Me no more, but you will see Me. Because I live, you will live also. At that day you will know that I am in My Father, and you in Me, and I in you. He who has My commandments and keeps them, it is he who loves Me. And he who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and manifest Myself to him.” John 14:15-21 NKJV (find any passage at www.Biblegateway.org)


Part of this passage very much echoes what we studied in John 8, where Jesus talked about 'abiding in His teaching'. Here He implores us to keep His commandments.
Then He makes a promise -- that He will intercede for us and that the Father will send the Spirit to abide with us. The language here is beautiful:

“...the Father...will give you another Helper, that He may abide with you forever— the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him; but you know Him, for He dwells with you and will be in you...

...I will not leave you orphans; I will come to you...you will see Me.

...you will know that I am in My Father, and you in Me, and I in you.

...And he who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and manifest Myself to him.”

The Son reaches out to the Father, who sends the Spirit to us, each of us -- to you if you ask. The Spirit abides in you. The Spirit is the Spirit of Truth; the Truth is Jesus.

We have read that we can abide in Jesus, and He in us.
Jesus said that He and the Father are one.

And there you are, right in the middle; Father, Son, Spirit, and you.

Abide...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Questions:

1. How do you think it feels to live right in the midst of the Father, Son, and Spirit? 2. How do you imagine this? 3. Do you find this comforting?


INTERESTING THOUGHTS:

"How many are quite unworthy to see the light,
and yet the day dawns."
Seneca

No comments: