Thursday, March 19, 2009

ListenDaily - 19 March 2009; Out of His Glorious Riches

ListenDaily - 19 March 2009; Out of His Glorious Riches

For this reason I kneel before the Father, from whom his whole family in heaven and on earth derives its name. I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through His Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God. Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.
1 Corinthians 14:18-28 (find this or any other passages at www.Biblegateway.org)

What a beautiful, poetic, powerful, prayer..

Again today, I went to my 'upper room' and prayed for you. I prayed these specific words, from Paul, to you:

"I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through His Spirit in your inner being..."

"I pray..." I went and spent time in conversation with the Creator of all there is,

I asked Him to share, with you,"out of his glorious riches..."

I asked that He who is the Creator and Owner of all good things would "strengthen you with power" the power that comes "through His Spirit", and that the strengthening would not be merely physical, but "in your inner being".

Imagine, if you will and if you can, what strength is available for you, from the storehouse of God's strength to your inner being!

And now I ask you, to select someone and pray the same thing for them.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Questions:
1. What might it feel like for the Spirit to bring the strength of God to your inner being?
2. For whom have you prayed today?
3. Will you pick one person, out of your normal circle, and pray for them every day during this study?

AN INVITATION!
Come join the First Church of Facebook (no, this isn't a joke!)
Go here: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=63164484154

INTERESTING THOUGHTS:

"Do not have your concert first,
and then tune your instrument afterwards.
Begin the day with the Word of God and prayer,
and get first of all into harmony with Him."

I have seen many men work without praying,
though I have never seen any good come out of it;
but I have never seen a man pray without working."

Hudson Taylor

No comments: