Thursday, May 13, 2010

ListenDaily – 13 May 2010: The mathematics of prayer

ListenDaily – 13 May 2010: The mathematics of prayer

"Be still, and know that I am God." (Psalm 46:10)

In algebraic terms:

Be still = know God, or Being still = knowing God

Remember algebra? A "not" on one side requires a "not" on the other side, to remain equal, so:

Not being still = not knowing God.

I'm not sure how all this ties together, but I presided over a funeral this morning, for a 36 year old, young man. A week ago he walked into his fiancee's living room, where she was sitting on the couch, he put a revolver in his mouth and ended his life. I heard a lot today about the "demons" that plagued him, that kept him unsettled. That while he had found the love of his life, he could not find peace. I don't know any more about his life, or hers, or his family's.

But I am praying that they can hear that God loves them and wants to walk through this with them.

I'm praying that they can be still; that they can know God.

It would make all the difference.

Maybe you can take a moment and pray for them too.

And don't forget to take some time for your self, take some time for God.

Please, please, be still.

No comments: